In this lab, you implemented the Ms approach to protecting the CIA triad. You created new user accounts and security groups, and applied the brand new user accounts to the secureness groups, just like you would in a real world site. You developed nested folders on the distant server and assigned one of a kind file accord using the fresh user accounts and security groups. You modified the Windows Group Policy permitting each new user bank account to use remote desktop services to slightly access the TargetWindows01 hardware.
Finally, you tested the security layers you placed in the prior parts of invisalign by using each new consumer account to get into and improve the nested folders on the remote hardware.
Lab Analysis Questions & Answers
1 . What are three fundamental elements of an effective reliability program for information systems?
Identification, Authentication, and Consent.
2 . Of the three critical controls, which two are used by Domain End user Admin to produce users and assign privileges to solutions?
Authentication and Consent
2 | Lab #3: Enabling Windows Energetic Directory and User Get Controls
3. If you can search a file over a Windows network share, but are not able to replicate it or modify this, what types of get controls and permissions are most likely configured? Read only data file type, not really Read/Rewritable permissions set by an Adminstrative level at least
4. Precisely what is the mechanism on a Glass windows server that allows you to administer körnig policies and permissions on the Windows network using part based gain access to?
5. What is two-factor authentication, and why is it a highly effective access control technique? “It is a two different type of identification procedure. Like an ID card and a pin number code.
6. Connect how Home windows Server 2012 Active Directory and the setup of access controls accomplish C-I-A intended for departmental LANs, departmental directories, and info. “security particulars are created inside the directory domain
7. Is it a good practice to include the account or perhaps username in the password? So why or obtain? this can be a common starting place for online hackers to start once attempting to log in to someonefis account or perhaps when planning to use another personfis gain access to.
Copyright laws 2014 by Smith & Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Go up Learning Organization. All rights reserved.
Student Lab Manual
3 | Lab #3: Enabling Windows Active Directory and User Access Regulates
8. May a user that is defined in Active Directory access a shared travel on a computer system if the machine with the distributed drive is usually not part of the domain?
If the customer is not granted specific access to the dir simply by an Admin they will not be able to access it.
9. When approving access to LOCAL AREA NETWORK systems to get guests (i. e., auditors, consultants, third-party individuals, and so forth ), what security settings do yourecommend be executed to maximize privacy, integrity, and availability of creation systems and data? “Establish a limited take into account access to simply what they will need, make them indication user and nondisclosure agreements.
Copyright laws 2014 by Smith & Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Go up Learning Company. All privileges reserved.
Student Lab Manual
1Get your custom Essay