Excerpt from ‘Literature Review’ part:
An interesting theory on interpersonal communication originated by Leon Festinger, and refers to intellectual dissonance. Relating to this theory, cognitive cacophonie is displayed by a great aversive drive that can determine individuals to prevent opposing points-of-view, to seek peace of mind when making a difficult decision, also to modify all their individual morals in order to meet public habit in certain conditions (Festinger, 1957). In other words, the idea refers to right after between habit and idea.
In Feistinger’s opinion, how big the cognitive dissonance depends upon what importance of the situation, and on the size of the difference. Feistinger has developed a series of ideas that are intended to study how dissonance between attitudes and actions can be reduced. These types of hypotheses consider selective publicity preventing cacophonie, post decision dissonance making a need for reassurance, minimal reason for action inducing attitude modifications.
In his operate, Feistinger discusses several research and classic experiments in the field. However , there are many limitations to the theory. This is due to Feistinger would not develop a strategy intended to measure the dissonance level. Other professionnals in the field consider that frame of mind modifications could be easier the result of self-perception than by intellectual dissonance.
Connection between several cultures and country is definitely an aspect usually addressed by specialists. The communication lodging theory manufactured by Howard Giles states that people in intercultural environments will likely adapt the style and content material of their speech in accordance with those of other individuals who they want to win over or to decide their authorization. This theory also says that in order to build solid group identification, people usually interact with individuals outside the group based on specifics that highlight the differences together (Giles, 2011).
In order to support his theory, Giles uses convergence and divergence strategies. Giles likewise addresses the different motivations that influence these communication approaches. Same as when it comes to other hypotheses, the conversation accommodation theory has the limitations. For instance , the theory can be characterized by lowered clarity when compared with its scope. In addition to this, the theory determines particular misunderstandings.
Social communication and messages are crucial topics resolved by communication specialists. Pearce and Cronen have developed the coordinated management of meaning theory that states that folks involved in a conversational process build their own social facts and are inspired by the facts they build. Basically, this theory intends to prove that individuals reach a suitable coherence level by common meaning and by adapting their testimonies included in the dialogue (Pearce Cronen, 2005).
Within their opinion, synchronised management of meaning is incredibly useful in stimulating and helping efficient conversation. Their function is oriented rather towards practice, in comparison with the work of other marketing communications specialists that limit their particular work to theoretical factors. Therefore , the authors create a series of conditions that are used in developing their very own theory. For example , they refer to cosmopolitan interaction, which represents individuals’ difference with other folks, while matching within a discussion.
Regarding the using communication in the commercial activity, Stanley Deetz is rolling out an interesting theory that says that the fact that communication is considered to be the transmission of information, decides the development of managerialism and corporate colonization. The crucial theory of communication in organizations is supposed to build somewhat of a harmony between business and human being interests.
Nevertheless , it is important to investigate this theory from Deetz’s point-of-view. In his opinion, organizations are political and monetary organizations and must be analyzed in accordance with these types of factors. Likewise, Deetz can be interested in displaying that communication theory can be used in order to identify distorted making decisions processes inside companies. Furthermore, the theory says that productivity and democracy at the work environment can be drastically improved through communication reforms (Deetz, 1995).
Deetz clarifies his desire for the subject by the fact that international corporations stand for the dominating factors inside the society of most countries. In the work, Deetz criticizes conversation theories relating to which interaction only symbolizes the transmission of information. Deetz considers that the theory assists develop the strength of corporations.
One other theory on business connection has been produced by Geertz and Pacanowsky. They will propose a cultural approach to business conversation. In their view, organizations don’t have a lifestyle, they are a culture. Using this point-of-view, companies and their ethnicities are viewed as systems of common symbolism. Although the researchers focus their study in third world cultures, it has been proven that their approach can be efficiently applied to agencies (Geertz Pacanowsky, 1988).
Nevertheless , numerous corporate and business consults have criticized this kind of theory once applied to organizations. This is because the idea does not evaluate the aspects that addresses. In addition to this, they consider that the theory is not able to properly interpret particular situations.
Group and public communication as well as its influence upon decision making had been addressed by simply numerous professionals in their work. Hirokawa and Gouran allow us a theoretical model based upon the practical perspective on group decision making. According to this theory, groups make good decisions in a few conditions achieved by its members (Hirokawa Gouran, 1993). These functions are symbolized by issue analysis, goal setting, alternatives id, and analysis of effects.
It has been observed that group communication generally has a adverse influence upon developing these types of functional jobs. However , relating to this theory, counteractive conversation can decide individuals to employ rational query in their decision making process. The theory identifies various kinds communication: promotive, disruptive, and counteractive. Promotive communication is definitely represented by interaction that will need the attention towards the decision making capabilities. Disruptive communication is symbolized by the discussion that is dependant on the group’s ability in achieving the task functions. Counteractive communication is definitely represented by the interaction that refocuses the group in case.
Although business communication is derived from general conversation theories, particular number of differences among these issues attributed to their area of applicability. Therefore , the components with the business conversation model will be represented simply by idea, fernsehsender, message, coding, medium and channel, recipient, decoding, and feedback (Kushal Ahuja, 2011). The differences stated earlier rely on the functions of business connection. The internal features of organization communication make reference to information to management, info to employees, and improvement in spirits. The exterior functions of business interaction are symbolized by growing relationships with suppliers, revenue of products and services, report to shareholders, report to government, and improving you’re able to send image.
Organization communication theories address numerous aspects which can be analyzed on local or perhaps on global level. Even though business conversation seems to be inspired by economical factors, there are numerous theories that address this aspect coming from a socio-cultural approach (Casmir, 1994). Additional important factors that have been observed to influence business communication will be represented simply by business data sources (Daniells, 1993). There are numerous aspects which the literature during a call addresses and that must be taken into consideration when learning business interaction.
1 . Luecke, L. (2003). Organization Communication. Harvard Business Institution. Retrieved 03 9, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=tMBFY51wY6UCprintsec=frontcoverdq=business+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageqf=false.
2 . Hartley, P. Bruckmann, C. (2002). Business Communication. Routledge. Retrieved March 9, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=p8FgscX1w6UCprintsec=frontcoverdq=business+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageqf=false.
3. Guffey, Meters. et al. (2010). Organization Communication Method and Item. Nelson Education. Retrieved Drive 9, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=W6DCJ0cLf3MCprintsec=frontcoverdq=business+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageqf=false.
4. Saha, a. (2007). Communication Theories. Business Marketing and sales communications. Retrieved March 10, 2011 from http://amitava82.blogspot.com/2007/06/communication-theories.html.
5. Greene, J. (1989). Action Assembly Theory. Gathered March 10, 2011.
6. Poole, Meters. (2011). Adaptive Structuration Theory. Retrieved Drive 11, 2011 from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Adaptive_Structuration_Theory#contentTop.
7. Heider, F. (2011). Attribution Theory. Intrapersonal Communication. Retrieved 03 11, 2011.
8. Festinger, L. (1957). A Theory of Intellectual Dissonance. Recovered March eleven, 2011 from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Cognitive_Dissonance#contentTop.
being unfaithful. Giles, L. (2011). Communication Accommodation Theory. Retrieved 03 11, 2011 from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Communication_Accommodation_Theory#contentTop.
10. Pearce, B. Cronen, V. (2005). The Matched Management of Meaning. Retrieved March 10, 2011 from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Coordinated_Management_of_Meaning#contentTop.
11. Deetz, S. (1995). Critical Theory of Communication in Organizations. Retrieved March eleven, 2011 coming from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Critical_Theory_of_Communication_in_Organizations#contentTop.
12. Geertz, C. Pacanowsky, M. (1988). Ethnical Approach to Organizations. Retrieved Mar 11, 2011 from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Cultural_Approach_to_Organizations#contentTop.
13. Hirokawa, R. Gouran, D. (1993). Functional Point of view on Group Decision Making. Gathered March eleven, 2011 coming from http://www.afirstlook.com/main.cfm/theory_resources/Functional_Perspective_on_Group_Decision_Making#contentTop.
14. Croft, L. (2004). Conversation Theory. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
15. Kushal, S. Ahuja, S i9000. (2011). Business Communication. Retrieved March doze, 2011 coming from http://books.google.ro/books?id=enJVeJ933qICpg=PA6dq=business+communication+modelshl=ro#.
18. Kaul, a. (2009). Organization Communication. Eastern Economy Edition. Retrieved March 12, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=AhoGzWdKvu8Cpg=PA6dq=business+communication+modelshl=ro#v=onepageqf=false.
17. Maier, R. ainsi que al. (2009). Enterprise Expertise Infrastructures. Springer. Retrieved 03 12, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=bAA9Z5WLdjQCpg=PA286dq=shannon+weaver+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageq=shannon%20weaver%20communicationf=false.
18. Fiske, J. (1990). Introduction to Connection Studies. Routledge. Retrieved Mar 12, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=J3XzYCuDLNYCpg=PA32dq=westley+maclean+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageq=westley%20maclean%20communicationf=false.
19. Gudykunst, W. Mody, B. (2002). Handbook of International and Intercultural Communication. Sage Guides Inc. Retrieved March doze, 2011 by http://books.google.ro/books?id=0FYtvfvpphICpg=PA184dq=kincaid+communicationhl=ro#v=onepageq=kincaid%20communicationf=false.
twenty. Casmir, N. (1994). Building Communication Hypotheses. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Incorporation. Retrieved March 12, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=uSMmA3Z0k5QCpg=PA167dq=business+communication+theoryhl=ro#v=onepageq=business%20communication%20theoryf=false.
21. Daniells, L. (1993). Business Info Sources. University of California Press. Gathered March 12, 2011 coming from http://books.google.ro/books?id=ps7UaqHktLkCpg=PA229dq=business+communication+theoryhl=ro#v=onepageq=business%20communication%20theoryf=false.
22. Gibson, Ur. (2000). Intercultural Business Interaction. Oxford University Press. Gathered March doze, 2011 from http://books.google.ro/books?id=qa3Vhhd4IGsCprintsec=frontcoverdq=business+communication+theoryhl=ro#v=onepageq=business%20communication%20theoryf=false.
3. Blundel, R. (2004). Effective Organizational Communication. Pearson Education Limited. Recovered